I think of Colorado, Arizona, and Utah which were my stomping grounds every year with my family from the time I was 6 months old and later, I had the honor of living in Colorado for a time and was a junky fisherwoman.
For me, nature cleanses my soul and helps me to remember that I am as much a part of my planet as my planet is a part of me. We are of the Earth. We are 70% water and our planet is equal to that in its water measurement as well.
The Earth was made for us to enjoy, live off of, fish off of, eat off of, and become ourselves again.
With all of this technology, the stress of our jobs, etc. we become so far removed from our very selves and nature has a way of helping us feel whole again.
Just a 20 minute hike in the woods being surrounded by trees, oxygen, birds, etc. can help us swing back to being whole again.
For children, nature is a healer. Here are 5 reasons to get your kids OUTSIDE!!
1. It helps improve their resilience to stress. Now a days, our kids seem to have more stress than ever with the increasing demands of school, sports, etc.
2. It helps to decrease symptoms of ADHD and depression.
3. It helps to increase creativity and cognitive function.
4. Being outside increases physical activity which in turn, helps to prevent obesity.
5. It helps develop their respect and responsibility for our planet.
As of today, we only have one Earth and it was given to us to love, respect, take care of, and enjoy. Its good, y'all, so enjoy it with your kids.